About The Conclave
“A Forward Thinking Platform for Budding Ideas / solutions, Rural Innovators and Start-ups to RISE”. Rural Innovators Start-up Conclave (RISC) will provide a launch field platform to a wide array of budding Ideas, rural innovators and aspirant start-ups to showcase their design idea/ innovations /technology/ pitch and talk about their innovation and get an opportunity for learning and mentoring support.
Two day Conclave
In the memory of late Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam who encouraged and championed the cause of innovations / technology from rural for rural transformation.
The RISC 2019 will bring together the most forward-thinking experts / scholars to unlock new potentials and provide guidance for upscaling and motivate for sustainability. The conclave for rural is the first of its kind to nurture proven rural innovations and technologies.
Key Note Address
Hon'ble Union Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, GoI
Venue : Vikas Auditorium, NIRDPR
All are cordially invited (Free Entry)
Arrival of the Guests
* Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Union Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, GoI
* Shri G. Kishan Reddy, Minister for State, Home Affairs, GoI
* Dr. Ranjith Reddy, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Lok sabha
* Shri Amitabh Kant, Chief Executive Officer, NITI Aayog
Lighting of the Lamp .
Dr. W. R. Reddy, I.A.S., Director General, NIRDPR.
Dr. G. Ranjith Reddy, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Lok sabha.
Shri G. Kishan Reddy, Hon’ble Minister of State, Home Affairs .
Book Release and MoU Exchange
Release of publications by the Chief Guest
Release of Documentary on DG Bungalow
Exchange of MoUs with technology partners
Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Union Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, GoI
Vote of thanks by
Smt. Radhika Rastogi, IAS, Deputy Director General, NIRDPR
Innovators, Start-ups and RIDe exhibition
Shri Amitabh Kant, Chief Executive Officer, NITI Aayog
Panel Discussion on
Rural Innovations for Inclusive Development – Strategies for Scaling up Start-up Eco-System – Importance of Designing and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Panel Discussion on
Financial and Marketing support, Packaging for Start-ups and Rural Innovations – Scope, Opportunities and Schemes
Cultural Programme .
Arrival of the Chief Guest
Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, Hon’ble Minister for State, Rural Development, GoI .
Smt. Radhika Rastogi, IAS, Deputy Director General, NIRDPR.
Address by Dr. W. R. Reddy IAS, Director General, NIRDPR
Addressby the Chief Guest
Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, Hon’ble Minister for State Rural Development, GoI
Awards to the Winners by the Chief Guest
Felicitation to the Chief Guest
the Chief Guest Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, Hon’ble Minister for State, Rural Development, GoI.
Vote of Thanksby
Dr. Ramesh Sakthivel, Associate Professor & Head, CIAT
RISC 2017 and 2018 events awardees and fellowship winners
Frequently Asked Questions
Theme of RISC 2019?
Rural Innovations Start-up Conclave (RISC) will provide a platform to a wide array of Ideas and start-ups to showcase their product, pitch and talk about their innovation and get an opportunity to partner with funding and mentoring support.
The RISC will bring together the most forward-thinking Innovators, Incubators, Entrepreneurs, Technology players to unlock new potentials in six identified sectors (Agriculture & Allied, Green Energy, Drinking Water and Sanitation, Health and Elderly Care, Waste to Wealth, Sustainable Housing and Sustainable Livelihood) for Rural India. The event will be attended by representatives from Industries, Academics, Government, Non-Government and most importantly by Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors and other players from entrepreneurial ecosystem. The Start-up Conclave for Rural Innovations will be first of its kind to nurture Ideas and Start-ups. The event will have a dynamic jury to screen the best start-ups for incubation and acceleration.
Why to Participate?
- Keynote Address and Sector Wise Panel Discussions
- Product Showcase of different categories of Innovators and Technologies;
- Pitching of innovative Ideas/Start-ups that require support for innovation/ technology/ product growth and commercialisation;
- Sessions on Mentoring Ideas and Guiding Start-ups;
- Investor Pitches;
- Network with Enablers, Incubators and Financial Institutions;
- Recognition, Incubation and Acceleration;
What are the Components?
- Product showcase within the various rural innovation catergories
- Programmes of the various departments of the government/ Skill Mission / NSDC, banks etc. that support entrepreneurial ventures in various ways
- Presentations by various Incubators, VCs, Social enterprise support networks
- Presentations by Rural enterprises/entrepreneurs, narrating their success stories
- Presentation Pitches by chosen innovative ideas/Start-ups
What are the Objectives?
• Identification of rural Innovation Start-ups
• Creation of Platform for their exposure
• Education and Capacity Building
• Mentoring, Incubation and Rural Connect
• Create Opportunities to connect National and International Network
What are the Opportunities?
1. Start-up Conclave will provide a Platform to a wide array of Rural Innovators & Technologists
2. Start-ups showcase their Products, Technologies and Services,
3. Talking of their innovation and get an opportunity to partner with funding and mentoring support agencies
4. The conclave will also provide an opportunity for Pitching
5. Showcase select start-ups
6. Mentoring and Networking
7. Inspirational talk by leaders in the field.
What are the Innovation and Technology Sectors?
1. Agriculture and Allied Sector
2. Green Energy Technologies (Solar, Wind, bio-mass)
3. Drinking Water, Sanitation and Health
4. Waste Management (Solid, Liquid and Recycling)
5. Sustainable Rural Housing
6. Other Livelihood Technologies
Who are Invited?
1. Innovators - Entrepreneurs with a start-up at Ideation and Budding stage,
2. Technologists - proven technologies for their promotion,
3. Entrepreneurs with production capacity for market promotion,
4. Enablers – MSDE, MSME, NRLM, NABARD etc.,
5. Corporate organizations with a mandate to support social enterprises.
6. National and International entrepreneur support networks and grant in aid organizations, incubators and accelerators.
• Applicant can be Indian or International resident, but must be above 18 years of age;
• The solution offered should be applicable to Rural;
• The entity that has been in existence for at least one year and not more than five years;
• Turnover should not exceed INR 50 lakhs;
• The solution offered should be applicable to Rural; • The solution should innovative, add value to customers and should be commercially scalable; • The solution should be beyond the idea stage, address a clear opportunity, and has a scalable transactional model; • Showcase of Product, prototype or Posters is must;
Cash Award for Innovators and Start-ups
1. Best Agriculture and Allied Sector Innovation and start-up
2. Best Green Energy Sector Innovation and Start-up
3. Best Waste to Wealth Sector Innovation and Start-up
4. Best Sustainable Housing Sector Innovation and Start-up
5. Best Health and Elderly Care Sector Innovator and Start-up
6. Best Drinking Water & Sanitation sector Innovation and Start-up
7. Best Sustainable Livelihood Sector Innovation and start-up
There will be two cash awards under each theme of the RISC event (i.e., one for innovator and one for start-up).
- Cash Awards: For innovators Rs.1,00,000 (Rupees One lakh) and for start-ups Rs.50,000 (Fifty Thousand).
- Fellowship: The fellowship to the winners to attend specialised workshops on themes such as Design, Packaging, Marketing etc. from time to time as per the norms of the Institute.
Cash Award under RIDe Challenge
Selected entries will be invited to present the idea to the problems identified and solution offered through display of poster in the event. There will be three award of cash prize of Rs.10,000, Rs. 7,500 and Rs. 5,000 from each category of participants in all seven themes of the RISC event. Certificate of appreciation will be given to all shortlisted entries by the jury.
• Awarding of a few Start-ups
• Incubation or acceleration support
• National and International branding for start-ups
• Selected Start-ups will be offered space for their Demonstration
• Facilitation for Marketing support
• Connecting with vast network of state rural development agencies, central agencies, NGOs & international associations
Event venue location info and gallery
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR), Hyderabad
An autonomous organisation under the Union Ministry of Rural Development, is a premier national centre of excellence in rural development and Panchayati Raj.